The Community Help Hub has been set up to assist Barnet residents most in need of extra help. It brings together a network of local support, established community groups, and new and existing volunteers.
As well as providing essential support and supplies, the Barnet Community Help Hub is also a way for Barnet residents to help each other. Whether that’s donating your time or other resources, sharing positive community stories, or having a friendly conversation with someone who might otherwise be cut off from their community.
Community Help Hub
Help available in your community
If you need urgent help, there is a network of support services available throughout Barnet:
- Foodbanks if you are struggling to buy food, use the directory to locate and contact your nearest foodbank
- Benefits and financial help
- Community Help Hub if you are struggling to cope or are concerned about a friend or neighbour who needs some help, there are plenty of places to access support in the community
- NHS Test and Trace if you or anyone else in your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home, self-isolate and get tested.
For all urgent medical related enquiries visit: 111.nhs.uk or call NHS 111.
If you need help with an urgent prescription, please try contacting your GP or pharmacy first.
Further support available
We will prioritise helping the following people who live in Barnet:
- people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
- people who are self-isolating and need support to remain safe at home
- people who do not have other means of receiving support
Before you call
It is helpful if you are able to provide your 10 digit NHS number. You can find it on any letter the NHS has sent you or on a prescription.
You can still request help without it.