How we can help
If you, a family member, friend, or close member of your community are in need of urgent help that is not medical related, then please contact us through our urgent support contact form or helpline.
We will prioritise helping the following people who live in Barnet:
- people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
- people who are self-isolating and need support to remain safe at home
- people who do not have other means of receiving support
Please ensure that you provide:
- as much information as possible about the urgent support you require
- information about your circumstances such as whether you live on your own and any health conditions
- your contact details, including phone number and email address
Our team will review all requests for help and then get in contact.
Complete the form for help and support from us.
Before you start
It is helpful if you are able to provide your 10 digit NHS number. You can find it on any letter the NHS has sent you or on a prescription.
You can still request help without it.
Phone to request help
Call the free Helpline on 0808 281 3210 open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm.
For all urgent medical related enquiries visit: 111.nhs.uk or call NHS 111.
If you need help with an urgent prescription, please try contacting your GP or pharmacy first.
Supporting your community
Barnet Community Help Hub
The Community Help Hub has been set up to ensure that Barnet residents most in need of extra help have access to food and other supplies they may need during the COVID-19 outbreak. It brings together a network of local support, established community groups, and new and existing volunteers.
As well as providing essential support and supplies, it is also a way for Barnet residents to help each other. Whether that’s donating your time or other resources, sharing positive community stories, or having a friendly conversation with someone who might otherwise be cut off from their community.
Visit the Community Help Hub to find out more and to sign up to volunteer.