How to use My Account for Council Tax
Register with My Account to receive notifications about council services.
My account allows you to:
- report a problem and track its progress
- check which services are available in your local area
- register for council tax, check your balance and make a payment
- apply for housing benefits and check your payments.
Set up your My Account
To set up your account we will ask you to provide information for our records. This will include:
- email address.
Create a password
To keep your account secure you will need to create a password. Your password must include:
- at least 8 characters
- a mix of upper and lower case letters
- a number and one of these special characters !£$^&.
If your password isn't accepted, check you have included the relevant characters.
Sign up to services
We may ask for more information to set up notifications for services that interest you.
When you enroll to receive updates from services, you must enter the same name that is on your bill.
For example, if the name on your Council Tax bill appears as J Smith, you must enter J Smith to enroll and receive Council Tax service updates.
How to reset your password
If you have forgotten your password and you cannot sign in, select forgot my password
You should receive an email allowing you to create a new password.
If you haven’t received an email to reset your password in 48 hours, complete the My Account Support form
My Account support and advice
If you are experiencing problems with My Account and are:
- unable to register
- unable to reset your password
- wanting to delete your account.
We offer support and advice to help you through these processes. Complete the form in as much detail as possible, this will help us to resolve the issue.