Your Council Tax bill explained
We will send you a Council Tax bill each year.
Council tax is calculated over a tax year. The tax year begins in April, running across two calendar years.
What's on your bill
On your bill you will find important information:
- your Council Tax account number (you will need this when paying your bill or if you need to contact us about your bill)
- the property that the bill needs to be paid for
- the Council Tax band of the property
- the amount before and after discounts have been applied to your bill
- the total amount of Council Tax you will need to pay.
Contact us for help
If you do not understand your Council Tax bill, you can check how much Council Tax you must pay or you can contact us using our general enquiry form