Food Security Resource Hub
Food bank information
If you are struggling to buy food, information on your local foodbank is available.
To request a voucher for a Trussell Trust Foodbank (Colindale and Chipping Barnet), call the confidential, freephone national helpline on 0808 208 2138 and they can issue a voucher for a local foodbank.
Budget cooking and healthy eating
Learn more about cooking on a budget and eating well
Free school meals
Information on free school meals for children and how to apply
If you’re pregnant or have a child under four you may be eligible for free Healthy Start vouchers
Barnet Food Plan
Find out more about our Barnet Food Plan (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Support for older adults
AgeUK Barnet can assist you with essential shopping, organising prescription delivery, befriending or accessing the handy person scheme.
Please get in touch with Age UK Barnet via email at email@example.com or call their helpline 020 8203 5040
AgeUK Shopping service
The service is available to people who:
- are aged 55 to 70 and have an additional health need
- are aged 70 years and over
- have no other method of getting shopping supplies
- are able to communicate with the volunteer by phone to arrange the shopping list
- are able to receive the shopping at the front door of the property
- are able to arrange payment for shopping, using a bank transfer, cash or cheque
Further information on AgeUK website