Support and advice
Barnet offers free infant feeding support through a range of baby clinics and drop in support sessions across the borough. Due to COVID-19 all breastfeeding support is currently being provided virtually.
Breastfeeding support is there for all to join; mums, partners, grandparents, breast feeders, mixed feeders, whether lots of support is wanted or a few questions answered (antenatal and postnatal).
All of the breastfeeding drop ins offer 1 to 1 support from trained, experienced breastfeeding supporters. Babies and children of all ages are welcome.
To book a virtual session:
- email Barnet Breastfeeding Support Service: CLCHT.email@example.com
- call 07815717055 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- check the Facebook page for a full up to date timetable of virtual support groups, virtual drop in times or to send us a Facebook message.
For any further questions or support around infant feeding, please speak to your health visitor or midwife. Contact your local team.
NHS Choices provides further information on breastfeeding.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline on 0300 100 0210 (9:30am to 9:00pm, 365 days a year)
- find help and advice at breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
- National Breastfeeding Helpline provides independent, confidential, mother-centered, non-judgmental breastfeeding support and information between 9:30am and 9:00pm on 0300 100 2012
The Institute of Health Visiting is dedicated to supporting the health and well being of all families and are putting together links and resources from trusted organisations and websites to support parents and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.