If you're a private tenant having problems with your accommodation, contact your landlord to give them an opportunity to sort the problem out. If this isn't possible or doesn’t help, you can ask us for advice.
Contacting us as a private tenant
If you would like to report an issue with your accommodation, please email or call 0208 359 7995.
When you call us, please provide:
- contact details for your landlord
- photographs of the problem if you have these available, as this may speed up the initial review of your case.
Information for private tenants
We have advice and information for private tenants in Barnet.
- Right to Rent and immigration inspections
- Energy efficiency: become more energy efficient and save money on fuel bills
- Pest control
- Community safety: safety and security in your home and antisocial behaviour
- Disabled Facilities Grants: grants to change or adapt facilities for disabled people in Barnet
- Keep Warm and Well: keeping warm and well over winter for elderly and disabled people of all ages in Barnet
- HMO COVID-19 guidance leaflet (PDF, 862 KB)
- Cladding and fire safety
If you're a Barnet Homes tenant, find information which is relevant to you at the Barnet Homes website