Chipping Barnet library
- browse and choose your own items to borrow
- return and renew items at the self-service kiosks
- collect items you have ordered via our Select and Collect service
- use a computer Login on to a computer with your library card and PIN. You no longer need to pre-book.
Please check our COVID-19 Update for details of our safety measures and what we request from you.
We are no longer renewing items automatically. You need to renew or return items every 3 weeks. We are not currently charging fines.
Toilets are open for customer use only.
Printers and photocopiers are available to use. Photocopiers accept cash only. You can pay for printing by cash or card. Check our fees.
If you need to print, please do so within your 45 minute computer booking, as you will not be able to use the PC after your session.
- Tuesday from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday from 2pm to 8pm
- Friday from 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
From Monday 4 October Self-service opening times
- Monday from 7am to 10pm
- Tuesday from 7am to 10am, 1pm to 2pm and 5pm to 10pm
- Wednesday from 7am to 2pm and 8pm to 10pm
- Thursday from 7am to 10pm
- Friday from 7am to 2pm and 5pm to 10pm
- Saturday from 7am to 10am and 1pm to 2pm
Telephone: 020 8359 4040
3 Stapylton Road,
Plan your journey
Bus: 234, 326, 383, 384, 389, 399, 614 (outside the library), 34, 84, 107, 184, 263, 307 (5 minute walk)
Tube: High Barnet, Northern Line (15 min walk)
Car park: There is a small car park on-site
Chipping Barnet library has lift access to the first floor.
- ground floor, Select and Collect and computer services.
- first floor, computer services.