Barnet Book Club
Barnet Book Club supplies free sets of popular titles to book groups.
How to join
- any book group that meets in the borough of Barnet can join
- one member of the group will need to register. Please contact Barnet Book Club to get a reading group card.
- you can borrow up to 30 books (two collections) for up to 8 weeks. There are no fines or replacement charges.
How to borrow a set
Choose the titles you would like your group to read and email us with:
- your chosen title and three possible alternatives
- the name of your group and the library card number
- the library you wish to collect the books from. You can choose Colindale, Chipping Barnet, Edgware or Finchley Church End libraries.
Please give us plenty of notice when requesting your sets. We recommend emailing us at least 3 weeks in advance.
Please note that our email requests are dealt with during office hours, Monday to Friday.
For the safety of you and all our staff, we are following government and health advice while preparing your set by:
- placing items in quarantine for 72 hours before they are available
- pre-issuing and prepacking all items to minimise contact.
We will contact you to let you know when the books have been dispatched to your chosen library.
There is no need to bring your library card with you as sets will be pre-loaned to you ready for collection.
Returning your set
Once you have finished with the books, please return the complete set to Chipping Barnet, Colindale, Edgware or Finchley Church End Libraries in
For safety reasons, we ask that the group leader collects and returns the complete set to us in its original box.
Barnet libraries reading groups
All our reading groups are suspended at the moment. Please check back here for details of when they will restart.