Your library needs you: become a library volunteer
- Are you enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about your local library?
- Would you like to gain new skills, meet new people and contribute to your local community?
- Are you interested in volunteering to help with a range of activities and services in Barnet libraries?
- Are you aged 18 years old or over? (If you are between 14-17 years old, please contact your local library about volunteering opportunities.)
- To find out about volunteering opportunities at Partnership Libraries please contact Childs Hill Library, East Barnet Library, Mill Hill Library, South Friern Library directly.
- Volunteer resource assistant for the School Libraries Resource Service
This is a supporting role based at the School Libraries Resource Service (SLRS). You will be helping to develop strong relationships with schools, helping to discharge and return resources and maintain SLRS stock.
- Volunteer early years activity assistants
Support library staff at events for under fives. Tasks include setting up the room, signing people in, handing out musical instruments and promoting the library service. Volunteers are required to support staff-run activities that take place in staffed and self-service opening hours.
- Volunteer shelvers
Support library staff by ensuring that the library is always welcoming and inviting. Tasks include putting stock back onto the shelves in the correct order. Volunteers are required for staffed opening hours.
- Volunteer event assistants
This is a supporting role, providing additional help to library staff running events for adults at pre - arranged times.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local library for an application form. If you want to have an informal chat about volunteering phone 020 8359 4210 to speak to our Library Community Engagement Officer.