COVID-19 Outbreak. Library services are currently operating an online service.
Libraries are closed but are responding to emails
Local studies centre is open via email and phone
Homework Help is available by email
Find out more about all library services
All the books and CDs you have borrowed have been extended for six weeks and all fines removed. Any fines due on DVDs from this time will be waived when they are returned.
- You can borrow ebooks and eAudiobooks
- use our Online Resources such as dictionaries, encyclopaedias or biographies, practice for your Citizenship or Driving Theory test, read today's newspapers from across the world with Pressreader or read magazines with rbDigital
- Don't have a library card? Join for free online and start using our online services straight away
Unless items are already reserved by someone else you can usually renew them for a further 21 days. You can renew your items up to four times before you need to take them to a library.
You cannot renew DVDs. You can keep these for longer but a further loan charge will be made (for each loan period) when you return them to the library.
How to renew books and other items
You can also renew items on your library card by phone using our automated phone line 24 hours a day.
- call the number for your local library
- when asked choose option 1 to use the automated renewals service and follow the instructions
- you will need your library card
- if you need help just press the * key on your telephone keypad to take you back to the menu then 0 (zero) to speak to a member of staff. Please note that staff are only available for assistance during library opening hours
You can also renew books at any Barnet library. You will need to take your library card with you.