Looking for a good read?
- Who Else Writes will help you find new authors to try by searching for those you know and love.
- Who Next will help you find recommendations for great children’s books.
- Fantastic fiction will help you find out information on books written by fiction authors. Contains information on upcoming publications and series listings
- Goodreads allows you to read reviews, search by genre and browse through best book lists
- Love reading allows you to search by genre or for popular titles
- Which book allows you to select the type of book you want to read for a bespoke recommendation
- What should I read next? allows you to enter your favourite author and find others who write similar books.
Reading Well schemes provide practical, self-help books that offer techniques and strategies for successfully managing your health and wellbeing and helping overcome mental health problems.
Your GP may prescribe one of these books to help you with your condition.
Books from the scheme are available at Chipping Barnet, Edgware, Hendon and North Finchley libraries, but other Barnet libraries also hold a selection of the recommended titles for Adults, Young people and Children.
Black History and experience
Choose a title from our adult fiction and nonfiction booklists. These can be ordered through our Select and Collect service.
We have also created an eBook collection containing recommended titles which can be borrowed and downloaded direct to your device.