Invitation to book your citizenship ceremony
You will be sent a letter from the Home Office inviting you to book your citizenship ceremony when:
- your application for citizenship is successful
- you’re over 18
The letter will give you instructions on how to book your ceremony and what documentation you'll need to bring on the day.
You will need to make sure you book your place(s) on a citizenship ceremony before the invitation expires. If an invitation has expired (or will expire before you or a member of your group can attend a ceremony) then you will need to contact the Home Office.
If you are under 18 you do not have to attend the ceremony, your parents can collect certificates on your behalf.
What you should bring to the ceremony
- your original invitation letter from the Home Office
- your passport or photo ID
We can not include you in the ceremony without seeing these documents, you must bring them with you.
At the ceremony
- you’ll swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown and make a pledge to uphold UK values and laws
- you’ll be presented with a certificate of British citizenship and a welcome pack
- professional photographs will be taken and will be available to purchase
You are welcome to bring 2 guests to celebrate this special occasion with you.
Charges for citizenship ceremonies
There is no charge for attending a group ceremony.
If you would like a private ceremony, the cost for this is £110, this payment is taken when you call to book your ceremony.
Where ceremonies are held
All ceremonies take place at:
Barnet Register Office in Hendon Town Hall
Getting to us by car
If using a sat nav use postcode: NW4 4AX
Book your citizenship ceremony
To book a ceremony please contact us on 020 8359 2074