The quickest and easiest way for you to submit a planning application is online via either the Planning Portal or iApply service (free submission).
- There you’ll find step-by-step advice for each type of application and form.
- You can save your work on the site and come back to it if you don’t have all of your information to hand.
- Once you’ve completed your application online, it’s sent to us the same day.
Apply by Post
You can also apply on paper.
You will need to:
- know which approvals you need and their relevant forms
- know which documents and plans are needed to support your application(s). The national and local requirements will help ensure that you provide all the necessary information in support of your application
- know the relevant planning application fees
- choose and download the relevant application forms, print them out and fill them in
- post the application forms and supporting documents to RE Ltd. Planning Services, Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ.
- you’ll be required to submit a location plan and are likely to require a site plan (also known as a block plan), in support of your application and these can be purchased through the Planning Portal
- the most common reason for applications being made invalid is that the accompanying documents and plans are insufficient to fully explain what is proposed
- when you make a planning application, you must complete a form to assess whether your proposal is liable for the community infrastructure levy, sometimes know as CIL
- If you are submitting a supporting financial viability assessment with your application, please be advised that from 1st January 2019 such documents will be made public. Please see the guidance note below (download documents)