The quickest and easiest way for you to submit a planning application is online via either the Planning Portal or iApply service (free submission).
- There you’ll find step-by-step advice for each type of application and form.
- You can save your work on the site and come back to it if you don’t have all of your information to hand.
- Once you’ve completed your application online, it’s sent to us the same day.
Apply by Post
You can also apply on paper.
You will need to:
- know which approvals you need and their relevant forms
- know which documents and plans are needed to support your application(s). The national and local requirements will help ensure that you provide all the necessary information in support of your application
- know the relevant planning application fees
- choose and download the relevant application forms, print them out and fill them in
- post the application forms and supporting documents to RE Ltd. Planning Services, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, NW9 4EW
From the 1st of October we will no longer be accepting cheques for payment. From this date we will only accept payment by card. To make a payment please call: 020 8359 3000 and select option 2.
- you’ll be required to submit a location plan and are likely to require a site plan (also known as a block plan), in support of your application and these can be purchased through the Planning Portal
- the most common reason for applications being made invalid is that the accompanying documents and plans are insufficient to fully explain what is proposed
- when you make a planning application, you must complete a form to assess whether your proposal is liable for the community infrastructure levy, sometimes know as CIL
- If you are submitting a supporting financial viability assessment with your application, please be advised that from 1st January 2019 such documents will be made public. Please see the guidance note below (download documents)
Barnet Council will collect and use the information you give us to undertake our functions as a local authority and deliver services to you. It is our responsibility to ensure that your information is kept safe. Where necessary and legally allowed, we will share your information with trusted external organisations, commissioned partners and contracted service providers in order to deliver services and support to you.
The information we collect may be used to better understand your use of our services and assist us in improving our services. This is to ensure we are using public funds in the best possible way. Under our duty to protect public money we may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of crime. For further details of how we use your information and to understand your rights please visit www.barnet.gov.uk/privacy
Comments on planning applications and the name and address of the commenter are published online. Please do not include any personal information you would not be happy to be publicly available in your comment. Please do not include personal information of others without their permission. People requesting to speak at planning committee will need to consent to their name and email address to be disclosed to other individuals who have requested to speak.