Recycling in schools
We offer a competitively priced recycling collection service to all Barnet schools. This helps schools to recycle a wide range of recyclable materials as well as garden waste.
We offer a weekly mixed recycling collection. We can provide a range of bin containers from 240 litre bins up to 1100 litre sized bins to make recycling school waste even easier.
The following recycling materials can be put in our mixed recycling bins:
- mixed paper
- mixed glass bottles and jars
- food tins, drink cans, clean foil and aerosols
- plastic bottles
- plastic packaging, including yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and food trays
Green garden waste
We offer fortnightly garden waste collections to all schools in the borough who have a contract with us for their refuse and/or recycling services. For us to carry out garden waste collections, bins must be presented outside the gates on the public highway on your collection day.
The following materials can be placed in the green garden waste bin:
- grass cuttings
- hedge trimmings and tree prunings
- branches up to 20 cm in diameter (8 inches) and under 60 cm (24 inches) in length
Benefits of our service
We offer competitively priced services and are happy to visit your school free of charge and offer help and advice about waste storage and disposal.
Our services include:
- no hidden costs such as charges per kilo for overweight bins, bin rental charges or duty of care service charges. Many private collectors apply one or all of these on top of the price they initially quote
- we don’t charge to supply you with the bins, schools are required to pay for collections only
- should you get a better priced quote from another waste collector, please contact us as we will aim to better the offer
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this service.