Visiting Summers Lane
Summers Lane will only be available to visit by booking in advance.
Current changes to this service
Vans can now access the site with a booking.
Covid-19 health restrictions
You should not enter the site if you:
- or anyone in your household or support bubble has Covid-19 symptoms, or is self-isolating
- are extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- are in a 14-day household isolation
Conditions of entry to Summers Lane
- visitors will need a valid booking or entry will be refused
- site staff will not be available to help with unloading, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person
- a limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- pedestrians and cyclists can access the site
- for visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings
- no more than 2 people should leave the car when on site to deal with heavier items
- visitors should keep 2 metres from other people when on site
- please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times.
What you can take to Summers Lane
Items you can bring:
- car batteries
- cooking oil
- food tins and drink cans
- fridges and freezers
- fluorescent tubes
- mixed glass bottles and jars
- gas bottles
- garden waste
- hardcore and rubble
- large appliances
- mixed light bulbs
- mixed paper and card
- mixed plastic packaging
- mobile phones
- plastic packaging
- printer cartridges
- scrap metal
- small electrical appliances
- TVs and monitors
- mixed textiles and clothes
- used engine oil
- wood and timber.
Please check the full list of items accepted
Booking your visit
Slots are available to book in 60 minute slots and the site is open 7 days a week from 9 am to 4 pm.
Where possible, please make use of the weekly recycling and refuse collections, and the fortnightly garden waste service, or hold on to items until Summer Lane reopens fully.
Make your booking
The booking website does not work on Internet Explorer.
You will need to use another web browser such as Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox to make your booking.
If you are experiencing issues or need help to make your booking, please call London Energy Ltd: 07483 077859 Monday to Friday between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm.