Summers Lane recycling and reuse centre
Update for Monday 19 September: Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre will be closed on Monday 19 September as a mark of respect for the state funeral of Her Majesty The Queen. Residents with an existing booking will be contacted to rearrange their booking slot.
Visiting Summers Lane
The site is only available to visit by booking in advance.
Conditions of entry to Summers Lane
- visitors will need a valid booking or entry will be refused
- site staff are available to help disabled people with unloading. Please have some proof of disability with you and we will be happy to help.
- if you do not have a disability, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person assisting you.
- a limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- pedestrians and cyclists can access the site
- for visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings
- no more than 2 people should leave the car when on site to deal with heavier items
- please adhere to social distancing measures - visitors should keep 2 metres from other people when on site
- please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
What you can take to Summers Lane
Items you can bring:
- car batteries
- cooking oil
- food tins and drink cans
- fridges and freezers
- fluorescent tubes
- mixed glass bottles and jars
- gas bottles
- garden waste
- hardcore and rubble
- large appliances
- mixed light bulbs
- mixed paper and card
- mixed plastic packaging
- mobile phones
- plastic packaging
- printer cartridges
- scrap metal
- small electrical appliances
- TVs and monitors
- mixed textiles and clothes
- used engine oil
- wood and timber
Please check the full list of items accepted
Or find out what to do with a particular item by searching for it.
Booking your visit
Slots are available to book in 60 minute slots and the site is open 7 days a week from 9am to 4pm. The site will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Additional measures have been introduced to ensure effective social distancing. This means you may have to wait before being able to enter the site. Please be patient during this time.
Where possible, please make use of the weekly recycling and refuse collections, and the fortnightly garden waste service.
Make your booking
The booking website does not work on Internet Explorer.
You will need to use another web browser such as Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox to make your booking.
If you are experiencing issues or need help to make your booking, please call London Energy Ltd:
0208 362 0752 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.