Time banded collections for business

There are a few simple things you need to do to ensure you follow time banded collections.
It is important you ensure you have the correct contract in place to dispose of your recycling and waste. If you don’t have a commercial waste contract in place, contact us at to discuss your needs.
Wheeled bins cannot be left on the public highway at any time.
You can only continue to use wheeled bins if you keep them off the street at all times. This means you need to take your bins out to your collection contractor when they arrive, and then once emptied, return them to your storage area immediately. They need to be stored, for example, in a private back alley or on your own premises.
If you do not have suitable storage arrangements for your wheeled bins you will need to have a sack collection instead. This will mean you will need to make arrangements for your contractor to take your bins away. If you require a sack collection, there are two options, depending on who collects your commercial waste:
  1. Set up a commercial collection contract with us, where you can order blue recycling sacks, and red refuse sacks. Visit our commercial waste page or email the team . Recycling sacks are cheaper than refuse waste sacks and recycling more can save you money.
  2. Or, if a private waste contractor collects your  recycling and refuse they must be able to supply you with a sack collection. They must also supply you with identifiable waste sacks where sacks provided must not be a base colour of either yellow, grey, black, clear or purple.

The collection point for your recycling and refuse sacks should be on the street (public footway) next to the entrance of your property on your collection days.

You can put out your waste for collection 7 days a week. Recycling and refuse sacks must be put out at the same location but in separate piles. Cardboard must be flattened and placed in bundles for collection. Do not block access routes or pavements.

Time banded locations

Skip to:

Rate this page?