Households in time banded areas will need to put their recycling and waste out in sacks for collection rather than using bins, within specific time slots. If you live in a time banded area, you will have clear sacks for recycling and purple sacks for general refuse available to you.
We are bringing in time banded collections to ensure that:
- street cleanliness improves and our town centres are cleaner and greener places to live, work and shop
- illegal tipping decreases
- there are fewer obstructions on roads or pavements.
There are a few simple things you need to do to ensure you comply with time banded collections:
If you live in a time banded area, we will deliver a supply of free sacks to your property. We will provide you with a supply of 26 purple refuse sacks to last for each three month period. It is your responsibility to ensure that these sacks last for each three month period. Clear recycling sacks are available on request.
The collection point for your recycling and refuse sacks should be on the street by the entrance of your property on your collection days.
- Put out your recycling and waste in the correct time band – please refer to the list below to find the time band for your area.
- Use the correct sacks – clear for recycling, purple for refuse.
- Only put out full sacks for collection.
- Recycling and refuse sacks must be put in the same collection point but in separate piles.
- Tie all sacks securely closed.
Note: You may receive a fine or face prosecution if you put your recycling and waste out for collection outside of these times. Our Enforcement Team will be monitoring the streets to ensure that waste is put out and collected correctly.
Time banded areas
Mill Hill Town Centre
|Mill Hill Broadway||All||6:00 – 9:30 am – Households and businesses.|
|Goodwyn Avenue||The first 50 metres of Goodwyn Avenue from Mill Hill Broadway|
|Mill Way||The first 50 metres of Mill Way from Mill Hill Broadway|
|Station Road||Station Road from Mill Hill Broadway to Brockenhurst Gardens|
|Bunns Lane||Bunns Lane, from Hale Grove Gardens to Langley Park|
Burnt Oak Town Centre
|Burnt Oak Broadway||From North Road to 98 Burnt Oak Broadway (former Tesco) (one side)||6:00 – 9:30 am on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays|
|Watling Avenue||From Burnt Oak Broadway to Orange Hill Road|
|Back Lane||All of Back Lane|
|Market Lane||All of Market Lane|
|Barnfield Road||From Back Lane to Market Lane|
If you live on one of the above roads in the Burnt Oak Town Centre area, you will automatically receive a supply of purple refuse sacks every three months.