About Dollis Valley
The Dollis Valley Estate lies to the north of the borough on the outskirts of Chipping Barnet near High Barnet, the last station on the Northern Line.
The estate is on a south facing slope within an area of traditional suburban housing with excellent views across the adjacent green belt, and designated as both a Countryside Conservation area and Heritage Land.
The estate was built in the late 1960s and early 1970s and comprises of two and three storey houses and five storey blocks of flats and maisonettes. It suffers from many of the problems associated with post-war estates.
The regeneration of the Dollis Valley estate will create a new integrated community by replacing the existing multi-storey homes on the estate with a new mixed tenure housing development. The scheme also includes the re-provision of community and children’s day care facilities.
The regeneration and growth programme in Dollis Valley will deliver:
- 631 new homes
- A new, extended bus service
- At least one parking space for each new home plus visitor parking
- New homes built to EcoHomes Standard (Code Level 4) and to Lifetime Homes Standards
- Phase 2 is estimated to complete in October 2018
- Ten apprenticeships over the duration of the scheme
- Access to apprenticeships, work tasters, placement days, non-construction training, English speaking classes
- Skills audit completed and Skills and Enterprise Strategy being delivered
- Provision of children day care
- Re-landscaping of the old public and private spaces that adhere to the Secure by Design guidelines
Delivering for Barnet in Dollis Valley has already delivered:
- First secure tenants moved into new homes
- 163 homes completed to date
- Phase 1 regeneration completed
- Phase 2A regeneration completed
- Six Apprenticeships have been offered to date of which three have progressed and moved on and three are currently employed on site. Further Apprenticeships will be appointed as the project moves forward.
- New multi-purpose community space, Hope corner, completed
- New nursery with 25 places for under-fives completed and managed by private operator KidzChoice