Stonegrove and Spur Road
About Stonegrove and Spur Road
Stonegrove and Spur Road recently became the first of our major growth and regeneration projects under the Delivering for Barnet programme to be completed.
As the final homes were finished in May 2018, a 13-year regeneration programme, including ten years of construction at the Edgware estate, drew to a close.
Before construction, which began in 2008, the estate, located on the boundary of the green belt, bordering Harrow, was comprised of approximately 600 homes built in the 1960s and 70s. These ranged from four storey maisonette blocks to 11 storey tower blocks. A combination of high energy costs and the poor state of the buildings led to our regeneration proposal.
The scheme has since seen the creation of almost 1,000 homes of mixed tenure with improved living conditions and reduced rent for the residents. As well as this, the regeneration has improved other aspects of the local community including infrastructure, educational and community facilities and more open spaces for the people of Edgware to benefit from.
Stonegrove and Spur Road estate was also chosen by the then Prime Minister, Theresa May, as the location to launch a new national programme of home building in November 2017.
- 999 new homes with all secure residents were rehoused in to new homes on the site
- All new homes built to the London Housing Design Guide
- New roads and improvements to junctions between Spur Road and Green Lanes, Spur Road and Stonegrove
- One Stonegrove, a joint community centre and church with ancillary buildings
- Establishment of Stonegrove Community Trust
- Delivery of London Academy School
- Improvements to existing play facilities and open space
- Skills and job training for residents
- Skills audit completed with a Skills and Enterprise Strategy
- A Gold award in the Barratt’s 2017 Annual Design Award
- NHBC Quality and Seal of Excellence award for Sterling Court
- One Stonegrove won Best Civic Project at the Barnet Architecture Awards 2017
Barratt Evolution Limited; Family Mosaic