Our Street Cleaning team complete a range of tasks to maintain the borough’s public highways, such as:
- Litter and dog fouling clearance
- Emptying litter bins
- Dead animal removal
- Drug-related litter removals
- Graffiti and fly posting removal
- Fly-tipping removal
- Seasonal leaf clearance
- Seasonal weed treatment
How we keep our streets clean
- We manually and mechanically sweep approximately 700 kilometres of roads
- We aim to empty the Borough’s 3,000+ litter bins before they become full
- Barnet’s 8 primary town centres are cleaned every day.
The appropriate activity will be carried out depending on the outcome of the inspection. This includes a range of activity such as removing fly tips, litter, or graffiti.
Barnet’s 8 primary town centres are cleaned every day. In all town centres we have dedicated town keepers who:
- empty all public litter bins as required throughout the day
- litter pick and sweep the pavements as needed
- use a range of equipment and tools to clean the pavements and channels
- report highway defects for repairs to be carried out on public street furniture such as lamp columns or bollards.
We litter pick the footways along our trunk road network 12 times a year.
We respond to isolated incidents through our observations or those reported to us.
Transport for London is responsible for the other elements of the trunk road network in Barnet.
Report a problem
If you feel there is a street cleaning issue that requires immediate attention, you can report it to us.