If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 they will transfer to secondary school in September in 2020.
Key dates for your application
Deadline for applications 31 October 2019
School offers (National Offer Day) 2 March 2020
Preparing to make your application
- read our to find out about Barnet schools and the admissions process
- find secondary schools in Barnet in the schools directory
- visit the school websites for more information
- use the guidance notes (PDF) to help make your application
- you will need an email address to make your application.
- the closing date for applications was 31 October 2019
- applications received after 31 October 2019 will be treated as late and will not be considered until we have allocated school places to applicants who applied on-time
- please submit your late application on the eAdmissions website
You must use your child's permanent address on 31 October 2019. Do not use the address of a relative or someone who provides temporary care for your child, a business address or a childminders address.
A temporary address will not be accepted if you still own a property that was previously used as a home address.
Providing false information to secure a school place is a criminal act. Please read our secondary admissions guide (PDF) for more information about how we determine your home address.
You can apply for up to 6 schools
- list schools in order of preference,
- check the admissions criteria in the secondary admissions guide to see if your child meets their admissions criteria
- you can include schools outside Barnet on your application.
Proof of address
put your council tax number on the application form and upload a copy of either your:
- tax credit documentation
- a recent bank statement showing Child Benefit payments
- utility bill dated within the last three months
- your most recent rent, mortgage statement or tenancy agreement
If you don’t have a council tax number you must upload 2 documents from the proof of address list.
Faith, foundation and academy school applications
Faith schools, some foundation schools and academies will ask you to complete a supplementary information form (SIF) or Certificate of Religious Practice (CRP). These can be downloaded from school websites and should be returned to the school you are applying to.
Evidence needed for exceptional social or medical reasons
You may be asked to provide written evidence to support your application. You will be told what to do when you select the school on the application form.
Looked after children and previously after children
You will have to provide evidence of the child's looked after status, this is normally a letter from the social worker. For previously looked after children, a copy of the child arrangements order, special guardianship order or proof of adoption must also be provided
School place offers
You will find out which school you have been offered, by email, on the evening of 2 March 2020. Log into your eAdmissions account for further information.
If we are unable to offer you any of the schools you applied for we will offer you a place at the nearest school that does have school places.
Your child will go on the waiting lists for the schools you listed higher in preference than the school you have been offered.
You have the right to appeal against the decision not to offer your child a place. Find out more about appeals.
2 Bristol Avenue
Telephone: 020 8359 7651
Enquiries: Contact us online