If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 they will transfer to secondary school in September in 2020.
Preparing to make your application
- read our Secondary Admissions Guide (PDF 6MB) to find out about Barnet schools and the admissions process
- find secondary schools in Barnet in the schools directory
- visit the school websites for more information
- use the guidance notes (PDF) to help make your application
- you will need an email address to make your application.
check how school places were offered this year (PDF)
You must use your child's permanent address. Do not use the address of a relative or someone who provides temporary care for your child, a business address or a childminders address.
A temporary address will not be accepted if you still own a property that was previously used as a home address.
Providing false information to secure a school place is a criminal act. Please read our secondary admissions guide (PDF) for more information about how we determine your home address.
You can apply for up to 6 schools
- list schools in order of preference,
- check the admissions criteria in the secondary admissions guide to see if your child meets their admissions criteria
- you can include schools outside Barnet on your application.
Proof of address
put your council tax number on the application form and upload a copy of either your:
- tax credit documentation
- a recent bank statement showing Child Benefit payments
- utility bill dated within the last three months
- your most recent rent, mortgage statement or tenancy agreement
If you don’t have a council tax number you must upload 2 documents from the proof of address list.
Faith, foundation and academy school applications
Faith schools, some foundation schools and academies will ask you to complete a supplementary information form (SIF) or Certificate of Religious Practice (CRP). These can be downloaded from school websites and should be returned to the school you are applying to.
Evidence needed for exceptional social or medical reasons
You may be asked to provide written evidence to support your application. You will be told what to do when you select the school on the application form.
Looked after children and previously after children
You will have to provide evidence of the child's looked after status, this is normally a letter from the social worker. For previously looked after children, a copy of the child arrangements order, special guardianship order or proof of adoption must also be provided.
2 Bristol Avenue
Telephone: 020 8359 7651
Enquiries: Contact us online