Business resources and training
Resources and training for businesses
Barnet Council provides free resources, training and support schemes to help companies build for the future.
It's a great way for business owners to:
- increase their business knowledge and confidence
- develop the skills of their employees
- improve their standards and compliance
- connect with other business owners facing many of the same challenges
Barnet's business toolkit brings together many of the key services the council provides in one place.
This toolkit is for businesses of any size or sector and explains what Barnet offers, their benefits and how each service is accessed.
Practical help sheets for any Barnet employer are available to download. These one-page guides can help any business improve its operations efficiency, increase sales or reduce its carbon footprint - and more.
- Make your business digital (pdf)
- Effective in-store merchandising (pdf)
- Provide a great shopping experience (pdf)
- Get the most from social media (pdf)
- Act more locally and sustainably (pdf)
Free help for Barnet's construction supply chain companies
Get training and expert guidance from MTW Consultants on winning bids. There will also be opportunities to meet buyers and developers for Barnet's construction supply chain companies. You will be able to:
- join a local suppliers database
- attend supplier ready training to help you improve your compliance and bid writing
- meet buyers and learn about Barnet's development pipeline opportunities
- learn how to win more work from the council and its partners
Digital support for Barnet businesses
Free support for local, independent businesses in Barnet to help improve your online profile. Smarter Society offer one-to-one guidance and hybrid workshops to companies looking to get up to speed with their Google Business Profile, social media and other digital tools - free, and easy ways to increase your visibility to new customers.
West Hendon Broadway business support programme
A 12-month support programme for independent retailers on West Hendon Broadway. Support includes in-person visits and expert advice, help setting up Google Business Profiles, and social media accounts backed up by practical self help sheets. Plus, a marketing voucher scheme and help to establish a local trader association for the Broadway.
Free training and events
Free in-person and online workshops and events from Work Avenue in Finchley Central. Training covers a wide range of topics for jobseekers, entrepreneurs, business owners and employees.
Free business mentoring
UK Government backed Be the Business provides free mentors for leaders of UK businesses with at least one year of trading and three full time employees, including the owner. This is an opportunity to gain new experiences and fresh perspectives, vital for long-term business improvement.
Recorded business support webinars
Catch-up on past workshops and webinars, providing tips on a range of practical subjects for employers.