Business skills and training programmes
Schemes available for businesses
Barnet Council funds free business support schemes to help companies build for the future.
It's a great way for business owners to:
- increase their business knowledge and confidence
- develop the skills of their employees
- improve their standards and compliance
- connect with other business owners facing many of the same challenges
Free help for Barnet's construction supply chain companies
Get training and expert guidance from MTW Consultants on winning bids. There will also be opportunities to meet buyers and developers for Barnet's construction supply chain companies. You will be able to:
- join a local suppliers database
- attend supplier ready training to help you improve your compliance and bid writing
- meet buyers and learn about Barnet's development pipeline opportunities
- learn how to win more work from the council and its partners
West Hendon Broadway business support programme
A 12 month support programme for independent retailers on West Hendon Broadway. Support includes in-person visits and expert advice, help setting up Google Business Profiles, and social media accounts backed up by practical self help sheets. Plus, a marketing voucher scheme and help to establish a local trader association for the Broadway.
Free training and events
Free in-person and online workshops and events from Work Avenue in Finchley Central. Training covers a wide range of topics for jobseekers, entrepreneurs, business owners and employees.
Free business mentoring
UK Government backed Be the Business provides free mentors for leaders of UK businesses with at least one year of trading and three full time employees, including the owner. This is an opportunity to gain new experiences and fresh perspectives, vital for long-term business improvement.
Recorded business support webinars
Catch-up on past workshops and webinars, providing tips on a range of practical subjects for employers.