Business support schemes
Schemes available for businesses
Barnet Council is funding free business support schemes.
We want to help our businesses recover from the negative impact of COVID-19 and build for the future.
It's a great way for business owners to:
- Increase their business knowledge and confidence
- Develop the skills of their employees
- Improve their standards and compliance
- Connect with other business owners facing many of the same challenges
Free courses for you and your employees
Provided by Barnet and Southgate College, these courses can help improve your business compliance and standards.
It also gives you and your employees the opportunity to learn key skills. These include:
- Health and safety
- Food and hygiene
- First aid
- English language in the workplace
Free micro-business growth courses
Business masterclasses from Middlesex University that will teach you how to scale your company and plan for future growth.
It is ideal for owners and senior managers. The masterclasses will help improve your skills in:
- Business growth planning
- Digital marketing
Plus an opportunity to host (virtually or in person) a Middlesex graduate to help accelerate a business growth project for your business.
Free support for businesses in Burnt Oak and West Hendon
Barnet is working with Smarter Society to deliver free support for businesses Burnt Oak and West Hendon, that includes:
- One-to-one support
- Business health checks
- Workshops and networking
Businesses will also have the opportunity to access a range of webinars and workshops covering:
- Visual presentation
- Merchandising standards
- Customer service
- Retail excellence
- Sales support
Free advice and support for businesses in Finchley Central and North Finchley
Barnet has partnered with Hustle and Heels to provide free business advice and training to support businesses in Finchley Central and North Finchley to grow and thrive.
Through this programme local businesses can arrange a free meeting with a Business Growth expert who will help them to:
- Identify ways to attract more customers
- Increase sales and make more profit
- Reduce costs
Businesses can also book a free one-to-one or group training session to learn more about;
- Social media for high street businesses
- Simple sales and selling tips
- How to make customers spend more
- How to reduce business expenses
Free help for Barnet's construction supply chain companies
Training, expert guidance on winning bids and opportunities to meet buyers and developers for Barnet's construction supply chain companies.
- Join a local suppliers database
- Attend supplier ready training to help you improve your compliance and bid writing
- Meet buyers and learn about Barnet's development pipeline opportunities
- Learn how to win more work from the council and its partners
Business support webinars
Recordings of workshops and webinars are available, giving tips on a range of subjects for business owners.