Young Commissioners Programme
About the programme
Do you live in Barnet?
Are you between 11 and 18 years old?
Do you want to gain skills for life?
Join Barnet’s Young Commissioner’s Programme.
Barnet’s Young Commissioner’s Programme is a 6-9 month long opportunity for young people in the borough to have their say on services like schools, mental health support and activities.
We’re looking for young people in Barnet who are motivated to make a difference.
What you will do
During the programme, you’ll get to work with three professional commissioners. A commissioner works to decide what services are needed in our local area and does the work to make sure that these are delivered properly.
You will be working on projects that have an impact on what children and young people in the borough have available to them.
You will be:
- helping to draft contracts
- finding out what children and young people in the borough need
- taking part in interview panels to judge organisations that want to deliver services
- and more
What you get out of it
By the end of the programme you’ll have achieved:
- At least 4 AQA unit awards
- a skillset that can be used throughout your education and future careers
- valuable experience for your CV
- an important contribution to your local community
We’ll also be there to provide you with references for jobs or college and university applications.
How to get involved
To apply fill out this form
If you have any questions, or need any support filling out the application, email us at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can download our information leaflet with all the details on the programme: