Placements privacy notice
The Placements team identifies placements (such as foster care) for children that come into the care of the council. Our work is directed by the council’s social care teams and our team works closely with all teams across the service in social care. Barnet is a member of the North London Fostering Consortium, where six local authorities work together on appropriate placements for children in local authority care.
Personal information collected
- Address and contact details
- Date of Birth
- Medical information
- Equalities information
- Family/Relationship Information
- Support Network
- Information from the Local Authority from where you live and previously lived
- Other Agencies Involved
- Education Information
- Health Information
- Criminal/Prosecution Information
- Housing Information
Who we share the information with
- Council Social Care teams for children
- Housing Providers (like Barnet Homes)
- Third sector/Voluntary Agencies i.e. Independent Fostering Agencies, Residential Providers, Semi-independent provisions and Secure Units
- Other local authorities through the North London Fostering Consortium
In addition to the above, the Adoption and Special Guardianship Leadership Board (ASGLB) data return is completed by every local authority, regional adoption agency and voluntary adoption agency in England on a quarterly basis.
The primary aim of the collection is to collect information about children and (prospective) adopters in the adoption process and data on SGOs to enable decision-making at national, regional and local level to be evidence-based and informed by strong intelligence, and for agencies and regional boards to have the information they need to improve performance.
ASGLB data and the "Other Data" collected as part of the quarterly data collection will be shared with Ofsted.
Legislation that applies
Children’s Act 2004
How long we keep your information
75 years from the child’s 18th birthday