We use the information provided to us by you or third parties acting on our behalf to inform the design of forthcoming public realm capital works projects within Finchley Central Town Centre, including those identified within the Finchley Central Town Centre Strategy.
We use the information provided to us to communicate details of forthcoming public realm capital works projects within Finchley Central Town Centre with the public. Public participation is a key element to these projects to ensure that residents, businesses, organisations and other individuals are provided with project updates including dates and details of statutory approvals, the means by which they make comment on the projects and participate in associated community activities.
Information is collated through:
- Completed attendance sheets at events, presentations, meetings and exhibitions held in relation to the Finchley Central Town Centre.
- Correspondence – hard copy and electronic - in relation to projects under the Finchley Central Town Centre.
- Surveys – hard copy and electronic – conducted directly or on our behalf, in relation to the Finchley Central Town Centre.
- Face to face visits and interviews.
- Referrals – from partner organisations or town centre stakeholder representatives.
We also use the information provided to us to negotiate and enter into any necessary legal agreements relating to the public realm capital works projects within Finchley Central Town Centre.
Our contractors Kinnear Landscape Architects and Office S&M work on behalf of the council to coordinate public engagement. The contractors also produce design documents and proposals for public realm works within Finchley Central Town Centre..
Personal information collected
- Address & contact details
- Equalities information
We collected this information from you directly or we have collected the information from a third party or parties, including consultants acting on our behalf for the purposes of the Finchley Central Town Centre.
Who we share the information with
For the purposes of sharing information relating to the scheme and initiatives and events relevant to Finchley Town Centre, we may share your contact information with Internal departments of the Council:
- Environmental Health
- Public Health
- Legal Services.
Legislation that applies
We process personal data with the public task basis under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- Local Authorities (Land) Act 1963.
- Article 6(1)(e) which provides a lawful basis for processing where “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller”
- Section 8 of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) which states that the public task basis will cover processing necessary for "activities that support or promote democratic engagement".
How long we keep your information
Information will be retained for one year after completion of the Finchley Square project.