Apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant

  • If you have a disability or if you have a disabled child, you may need to have major changes made to your home to make it more suitable, you could get a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) of up to £30,000 to help meet the cost.

DFG are only available on the recommendation of an Occupational Therapist (OT) and are means tested.

A DFG will not affect any benefits you receive.

Who can apply

If you get income based benefits, you may qualify for a DFG. You can also apply for a DFG if you are either the owner or tenant of the property and intend to occupy the property as your only or main residence throughout the grant period - currently five years.

How to apply

To apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant you must first contact us to arrange a ‘social care assessment’

Contact Social Care Direct on 020 8359 5000.

You might not get any grant if you start work on your property before the council approves your application.

Skip to: