Short breaks for disabled children and young people aged 0 - 19
Short Break October half term activities
We are pleased to confirm that a range of providers are available to deliver services and fun activities both face to face and online, across October half term. This includes a range of creative and proactive solutions developed in partnership with families.
We would like to say a big thank you to the Short Break providers and partners who are working so hard at this difficult time to stay in touch with families, and offer their continued support.
What do I do if my service is not available
Some of our dedicated Short Break providers, have unfortunately decided not to open this October. We will keep you informed of any changes to services.
If you need help in identifying alternative provision for your child, please contact the Short Breaks team on email@example.com
Short Breaks approved provider planning to open this October
Resources for Autism For Children aged from 8 to 19th birthday with a diagnosis of Autism.
- October half term playscheme
- community support service in homes and the local community
- weekly group activities and online 1:1 support.
Telephone: 020 8458 3259
- 1:1 support in the home, and local community throughout the summer
- activities based in Sherrick House (garden area, arts and crafts, baking and sensory room)
- small group activities (start date and venue to be confirmed).
Telephone: 020 8349 3842
my-AFK (Action for Kids school holiday playscheme)
Age range: 14 to 19 (up to 19th birthday)
A mixed activity scheme designed specifically for young people aged 14 to 18 with learning disabilities.
The focus is to develop skills people need to become more independent, as well as provide an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to socialise with young people of their own age.
Each day young people choose from a menu of activities. Choosing and making decisions is an important part of becoming independent. Several sessions run simultaneously so that they can be delivered in small groups which some young people will find more enjoyable.
Activities can include arts, crafts, cookery and trips to bowling alleys. Action for Kids are based in Hornsey, N8 and provide transport. Young people will be picked up, taken to the scheme and then returned home at the end of the session(s).
- my AFK are running a programme from a site in Hornsey
- small group activities will run each day including sessions at our base and trips to outside spaces
- virtual (online) activities available from 26 October.
Community Focus Inclusive Arts
Group sessions at Community Focus:
- Monday 26 to Wednesday 28 October.
Telephone: 020 3743 9905
1:1 only if provided at a scheme.
Please contact directly IPOP for more information.
Telephone: 020 8203 1257
Offer online (virtual) activities and support for children with life limiting or life threatening conditions
- school Holiday Provision Seagull Circus Monday 26 and Wednesday 28 October
- Stay & Play
- Noah's Ark Children's Music group on Zoom
- Noah's Ark Zoom sessions featuring Spread a Smile.
Telephone: 020 8449 8877