Oak Hill Park
To book a tennis court at this park please visit Play Tennis in Barnet
Car parking / transport access
Buses 184, 307,382 & 125
The valley of Pymmes Brook used to be famed for its oak trees. These oaks were used in the building of St Albans Abbey. For many centuries the land was under the control of the abbey as part of Hertfordshire. The descendants of those trees survive in Oak Hill Woods. In 1536 the church lands were sold and large estates were created, one of which became Oak Hill Theological College. The Baring family owned the area from the 1860s till 1928 when in 1930 it was sold to East Barnet Council. The park was opened to the public in 1933 and has been maintained for local use and enjoyment since this time.