Hazardous substances

Hazardous substances are controlled under the legislation Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). For information on COSHH visit the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website.

Premises that are licensed by the local authority can get advice and guidance on their duties under COSHH from the department that provided them with their licence.

If you have asbestos or chemicals in your home you would like to dispose of, contact the City of London - Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Service (HWCDS). The HWCDS advise on the disposal of chemicals and will collect a limited amount of domestic asbestos free of charge. Sheets of up to 10ft long can be handled. 

Please see our asbestos page for more detailed information regarding asbestos.

Rate this page?