Complaints Advocacy Services NHS / Social Care
Received: 19 February 2019
I am conducting a piece of research in to complaints processes in health and social care. I wish to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act. Under the terms of the Act I anticipate a response from you within 20 working days - which I calculate to be 19 March.
If you are unable to answer all the questions due to either your organisation not holding the data or the time restrictions under the Act I will accept a partial response. If this is the case then I would request you prioritise question 2.
The questions relate to the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service commissioned by your authority. Under the Health and Social Care Act 2012, all upper tier local authorities were given responsibility for commissioning this service to support people wishing to complain about the NHS.
1. Please can you tell me the amount of money you spent on the Independent NHS Complaints Advocacy service for the following financial years, the organisation you commissioned to deliver this statutory service and the number of new cases taken on each year:
Financial Year Amount spent £ Number of new cases Organisation commissioned
2. In addition to complaints advocacy for NHS services, does your local authority directly provide or commission complaints advocacy services for those looking to make complaints or raise concerns about local social care services?
Financial Year Does your local authority provide advocacy for social care complaints - indicate one of the options below:
* Yes, as an independent contract in the same way as NHS complaints advocacy.
* Yes, as an independent contract but case are limited to those eligible for advocacy support under the Care Act.
* Yes, but as part of the broader advocacy provision offered by the council.
* No Amount spent £
Number of new cases
Name of organisation commissioned
3. Does your local authority set out a clause in any contracts for complaints advocacy providers in health and social care to share information and insight with relevant local partners such as local Health and Wellbeing Boards, Quality Surveillance Groups or Healthwatch?
Yes / No
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download