Tree Preservation Orders
Received: 27 June 2019
I would like copies of your policies in relation to the prosecution of tree preservation orders.
1) Does the Council have a policy on when it undertakes to prosecute?
2) Does the policy differentiate between felling a tree completely and lopping without consent?
3) The CPS code for crown prosecutors requires consideration of alternatives to prosecution - how does the Council adopt this in practice?
4) Does the Council have a policy for dealing with people who make mistakes but are willing to pay a financial penalty to avoid prosecution?
5) What public interest factors does the Council policy require is taken into account for one time offenders who are simply ignorant of the laws?
I await the information requested above.