School Management Information System (MIS) Supplier
Received: 23 July 2019
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I request that a copy of the following information be provided to me:
1. Do you have a licence/contractual arrangement with a school management information system (MIS) supplier? Please provide the name of the supplier.
2. Do you provide support for this software?
3. If you have a licence/contract with a MIS supplier, when does this contract end?
4. Will a formal tender process be carried out for the provision of MIS services? Will the local authority manage this process on behalf of schools?
5. Please provide contact details of the person(s) that are responsible for the MIS supply for the LA.
I would like the above information provided to me in electronic formats via email. If any of this request is unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act you are required to advise and assist requesters.
Precedent suggests that this information is not exempt from disclosure under section 43 'commercial interests'. I think it's crucial to recognise that the taxpayer has the right to know which companies are involved in providing services to your schools and, more importantly, how much of the tax payer's money is being spent on such services.
I have received detailed information from many local authorities in England, and if you are still unwilling to disclose this information I will require a detailed explanation as to why.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within 20 working days of receiving my email.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download