Subletting of homes by council tenants
Received: 5 August 2019
I am writing to submit a Freedom of Information request about the subletting of homes by council tenants.
Specifically, I would like to know:
- How many council tenants have been investigated for subletting their property?
- How many of these were subsequently found to have been subletting, or attempting to sublet, their property?
- What fines, if any, were these people given? Please specify for each case.
- How many of these were evicted from their council property?
Please provide data for each of the last five financial years, as well as figures from the end of the last financial year to the present, if these figures are available.
Please also state the company the property was being, or was suspected of being, sublet through (eg. Airbnb, Spare Room) if possible.
If you have any questions or you anticipate there being any problems releasing the information, please get in touch.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (information exempt) - application/pdf - Download