FOUR PAWS / VIER PFOTEN International
Received: 6 August 2019
Freedom of Information Request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
I'm writing you to request information in the name of FOUR PAWS / VIER PFOTEN International. It is requested to inform us in writing for the period of 2018/2019 the following:
* How many tigers (Panthera tigris) are held in captivity in your council,
* How many private owners in your council have kept/keep tigers (Panthera tigris) (number of households/owners),
* How many tigers (Panthera tigris) are kept in the respective households (number of tigers),
* How many of the existing zoological gardens in your council, which have a permit/license, keep/have kept tigers (Panthera tigris) (number of zoological gardens),
* How many tigers (Panthera tigris) are kept in zoos with a permit/license (number of tigers),
* How many rescue centers are there in your council for tigers (Panthera tigris),
* How many tigers (Panthera tigris) in your council have lived/live in rescue centers,
* Is there a notification duty to centrally report the number of deceased captive tigers (Panthera tigris),
* If so, how many tigers (Panthera tigris) have died in your council in the last five years,
* Following information of records kept by zoos, sanctuaries and other owners, how many tigers (Panthera tigris) have died in the last five years.
We have a legitimate interest in the required information, which is not intended to be used for profit, but for the purpose of animal welfare and research; as well as for consumer protection in the field of animal welfare.
If I can help to clarify this request please contact me by the same email address, as I understand that under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 you are required to advise and assist requesters within 20 working days after you receive this letter.
If you don't have access to the requested information, I kindly ask you to forward this information request to the responsible office and to inform me about it.
Please confirm you have received this information request to the same email address.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download