Financial Management/ERP System
Received: 6 September 2019
To whom it may concern,
In 2013 the UK Government introduced its Cloud First policy which is defined as 'mandatory for central government and strongly recommended to the wider public sector'. As a strategic decision, proven in the commercial sector already, migration into the cloud is a means to realise tangible, immediate and sustainable cost reductions coupled to significant improvements in performance, efficiency and customer service.
In this context, and in the spirit of Freedom of Information, please could you help me understand the current situation concerning your Financial Management/ERP system:
1. What is the name of the Financial Management/ERP System used by the council?
2. Does the system include an HR/Personnel module?
3. How many staff users access the system across the council?
4. Do you currently offer self-service functionality to your Customers and Suppliers for their financial matters and queries?
5. Where is the system physically located and run, i.e. is it deployed locally on premise and managed by council staff in-house, or hosted and managed remotely (via the Cloud)?
6. What is the annual support and maintenance cost, or cloud subscription fee, paid for the Financial Management/ERP system?
7. What other systems used by the Council are currently integrated with your Financial Management/ERP system?
8. When did the contract to supply the current Financial Management/ERP system commence and when does it expire?
9. When do you expect to begin evaluating alternative solutions as contract expiration approaches?
10. Who is the business stakeholder with ultimate responsibility for financial operations and the resources (eg systems) required to facilitate them (name & title)?
11. If you are part of a shared service is your Financial Management/ERP system utilised across the partnership and if not, how do you share financial data and reporting?
Your reply by email would be most welcome.
Many thanks for your kind assistance.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download