Freedom of Information Request

Vietnamese Nationals referred to the National Referral Mechanism

Received: 27 September 2019

I'm doing some research (across dozens of local authorities) on Vietnamese nationals referred to the National Referral Mechanism, and I noticed in the NRM data reports on the NCA's website that your local authority has referred a number of people to the NRM over the past few years. Under FOI, I'd like to request a bit more information about these cases.

I would be grateful if you could send me answers to:

1. How many Vietnamese nationals, if any, did your local authority refer to the NRM in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019? (I am told you will need to digitally search your NRM forms, and look for those with 'Vietnam' or 'Vietnamese' in the 'Nationality' box on the form.) Please break the numbers down by year, by male/female, and by minors or adults.

2. Of these cases, how many involve people whose NRM referral mentions them having enrolled at, been a student at, or gone missing from, a school or college in the UK? ('School' or 'college' or 'sixth form' appears in the NRM referral form, I have been told it is straightforward to search digitally). Again, break the numbers down by year, by male/female, and by minors or adults.

3. Of these cases mentioned in question 2, please tell me the names of the schools or colleges mentioned in these forms. If you can't name a specific school or college for operational reasons, please explain what that reason is and for that school/college just tell me what type of school or college it is (independent, sixth form etc, and please make clear if it is private or state funded) and which county it is in.

I've purposely structured my request in such a way that it shouldn't come up against FOI clauses relating to data protection or demands on your resources (I've received guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office on this point to avoid wasting my / your time).

Outcome / Documents

  • Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download

Rate this page?