FOI in relation to budgets allocated to libraries from 2009 to 2018
Received: 17 October 2019
I would like to request the following under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
(1) What has the budget allocated to libraries in your local authority been in each year from 2009 to 2018?
(2) How much has been spent on security for libraries in each of those years?
(3) How many libraries were transferred from council management to that of a private company during this period?
(4) Are there plans to outsource management of any libraries currently run and managed by the council?
(5) How many former library premises were sold off by the council to a private company during this period?
(6) Are there any libraries in your local authority area which are now entirely run and owned by a private company, and if so, could you please provide details?
Please provide the information in accessible excel format, with totals tallied and presented separately for each year.
I am confident the questions above should not violate the cost restrictions set out in s. 12 FOIA 2000 and s.3 of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004. There is a clear public interest in disclosing the information on transparency and accountability grounds.
For the purpose of clarity, I would like to request that any information exempt from disclosure under s.40 FOIA 2000 is shared in a redacted or anonymised format.
If you have any questions, please let me know and I'd be happy to discuss.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download