CPN and PSPO FOI request
Received: 2 January 2020
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information regarding Community Protection Notices (CPNs) and Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs):
1) The number of CPN warnings issued from October 2018 - December 2019;
2) The number of CPNs issued from October 2018 - December 2019;
3) Brief details of the circumstances/ reasons why each of the CPN warnings and CPNs were issued;
4) The number of breaches of those CPNs;
5) The number of fines/Fixed Penalty Notices imposed for failure to comply with those CPNs;
6) Details of the fines imposed/other court orders made for failure to comply with those CPNs;
7) The number of PSPOs issued from January 2019 - December 2019, and those in consideration for the future;
8) The detrimental activity that those PSPOs sought to target;
9) The number of fines/Fixed Penalty Notices issued for breach of those PSPOs;
10) Details of the fines imposed for failure to comply with those PSPOs;
11) If the council is using private contractors to enforce PSPOs: stating the company and relevant PSPO, as well as whether there is a financial incentive to issue fines.
If you are unable to provide details behind each individual CPN warning, CPN and PSPO due to exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act, please place the circumstances of each under broad categories such as 'allowing dog to escape/severely overgrown garden/putting up tents,' alongside the number issued for that offence.
If it is not possible to provide all the information requested due to the request exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please answer as many of the questions as is possible (prioritising 1-3, 5 and 7-9) within the time limits, or advise me as to how I can refine my request.
If you hold no record of CPN warnings, CPNs or PSPOs being issued in your local authority area, or if none have been issued, please respond to this FOI request accordingly.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download