Received: 25 February 2020
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information:
1. Are the Data Centre's operated by or for the organisation fit for purpose? For example, is there a Business Continuity Plan, is there Disaster Recovery in place or is it a single site?
2. Is there any capital investment in data centres planned in the next 36 months? For example, Mechanical & Electrical or refresh of equipment within the DC such as network, storage area network?
3. Is data privacy and or information security compliance a priority for the organisation's board?
4. On your Organisation's risk register, are there any Information Technology related risks?
i) If time/ cost allows, please list the top three related risks.
5. Are the cyber security vulnerabilities within the organisation's existing Information Technology estate increasing?
i) Has the organisation had a security breach in the past 12 months?
6. Did the organisation meet its Information Technology savings target in the last Financial Year?
7. What percentage of Information Technology budget is currently allocated to 'on-premises' capability vs 'cloud' capability?
8. Does the organisation have the skills and resource levels necessary for moving to the cloud?
9. What percentage of the Information Technology department headcount are software developers?
10. In relation to contracts with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft for Azure and/or Google for Google Cloud, was the monthly expenditure higher than budgeted?
i) If yes, has the organisation been able to subsequently reduce the cost whilst maintaining service levels for users?
I would prefer to receive this information electronically, preferably as a data set, e.g. in Excel, NOT as a PDF. If the decision is made to withhold some of this data using exemptions in the Data Protection Act, please inform me of that fact and cite the exemptions used.
If some parts of this request are easier to answer than others, I would ask that you release the available data as soon as possible.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download