Received: 15 May 2020
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information.
Please can you provide the following:
* Number of cyclist deaths from January 1st 2019 - January 1st 2020
* The road names or postcodes of cycling accidents during the same period
* The number of temporary or permanent barriers
* Put in place to reduce the number of cycling accidents and the cost of these over the last 5 years (January 1st 2015 - January 1st 2020) and whether or not these barriers were PAS 68 or IWA 14 crash tested.
*What you plan to spend on measures to protect
* cyclists following the announcement from the government that it has announced an overall £2bn package to create a new era of cycling and walking and whether these measure will be temporary or permanent, and if you are able to answer at this stage if these
barriers will be PAS 68 or IWA 14 crash tested. (Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/2-billion-package-to-create-new-era-for-cycling-and-walking)
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download