Building Regulations: Uncertified Buildings
Received: 29 July 2020
Freedom Of Information Act 2000: Building Regulations: Uncertified Buildings
As part of our consultation response to the draft Building Safety Bill, I am currently completing a study on behalf of the Fire Safety Action Group to understand the numbers of controlled building works projects in England and Wales which have been substantially constructed in recent years but not certified as building regulations compliant.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with a copy of the following Building Control information relating to Building Control Performance standards to which all Building Control Bodies should adhere, and for which I anticipate statistics should be readily available:
1. How many Building Regulations applications were made between 1st January and 31st December 2019 (either Full Plans under Regulation 13 or Building Notices under Reg 14)
2. How many Building Regulations completion certificates were issued between 1st January and 31st December 2019.
3. How many part completed building regulations applications do you have recorded (complete history for all years) i.e. applications which have commenced on site but have not received a full completion certificate.
4. Of the total of those commenced but not issued with completion certificates, how many have not been visited within the last 28 days.
5. Of the total of those commenced but not issued with completion certificates, how many have not been visited within the last 3 months.
6. Of the total of those commenced but not visited within the last 3 months, how many do you estimate may be complete and/or occupied#.
# Please provide an approximate estimate if exact figures are not available.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
I understand that under the Act I am entitled to a response I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request, If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request.
I would prefer to receive the information electronically.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (cost exceeds limit) - application/pdf - Download