Average weekly fees 2020/21
Received: 12 January 2021
1. What is the average weekly fee (to the nearest £) currently (financial year 2020/21) being paid by your authority to support older (65+) residents of independent sector care homes in a) residential care and b) nursing care?
Note: average weekly fees should be stated gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC payable by CCGs or the equivalent in devolved administrations*
2. How many older (65+) residents are you currently** supporting in independent sector care homes for a) residential care and b) nursing care***?
3. How many older (65+) residents are you currently** supporting in local authority operated residential care homes***?
4. What do you expect to be the average percentage uplift for 2021/22 in the average weekly fee rates your authority pays to independent sector care homes for care of older (65+) residents.
* For example, a local authority supports an individual in nursing care at a fee rate of £878 per week including NHS FNC and the local authority receives client contributions of £200 per week. With NHS FNC in England at £166 per week (rounded up from the exact figure of £165.56), the weekly fee gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC is £712. The same principle should be followed for councils in devolved administrations, where the rate of NHS FNC or its equivalent varies.
**Latest available figure
***Include full cost payers, if any
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download