London Plan policy 5.9
Received: 25 January 2021
Under EIR 2004 regulations, I would like to request information regarding the council's implementation of London Plan policy 5.9 (on overheating risk) in planning decisions, particularly in major residential developments.
1. What is the council's approach to implementing policy 5.9, and has the council developed additional local policies in this area?
2. At the pre-application stage, what advice is provided to developers to help them address policy 5.9? For example, are developers made aware of GLA guidance on energy assessments and the 'Early Stage Overheating Risk Tool' in Appendix I?
3. Are developers expected to carry out dynamic overheating modelling as recommended in the GLA guidance?
4. How does the council monitor the success of these policies in reducing overheating issues in new build properties?
If any of these information requests are unclear, I am happy to revise my request with your advice as required under the regulations. I would like all information to be provided in an electronic format where possible.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download