FOI for the establishment of the North Finchley Partnership Board ( 'NFPB').
Received: 18 February 2021
This request is made under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations and is submitted on behalf of Friern Barnet & Whetstone Residents' Association.
The request relates to the establishment of the North Finchley Partnership Board ( 'NFPB').
The term 'documents' used below includes documents whether in written or in electronic formats and includes reports, papers, notes, emails, letters and memoranda.
1. Please provide copies of any documents created after 27 November 2018 ( the date of the meeting of the Assets, Regeneration and Growth Committee at which the Report 'Title North Finchley Town Centre Development - update' was considered) relating to the progress made in establishing the NFPB and including any considering the progress in securing applications and nominations for membership of the NFPB and any relating to the timing of its first meeting.
2 the following extract list is taken from the document ' NORTH FINCHLEY PARTNERSHIP BOARD - TERMS OF REFERENCE Final draft for adoption
11 December 2018' found at
'As agreed at Policy & Resources Committee on 13 February 2018 and based on further advice from officers at Barnet Council, it is suggested that NFPB should comprise local stakeholders including:
[ omitted ]
- Businesses and traders, both tenant and or landlord representatives - retail (x2);
- Food & Beverage (x1) office tenant (x1); business services tenant (x1)
- Individual residents and Resident Group representatives (x3)
- Community and faith organisations (x2)
- Local schools representative (x1)
2.1 For each of the above categories, how many nominations/ applications for appointment to the NFPB have been received?
2.2 For each category, please provide the name of each business or other organisation nominated/ which has applied and, for the category 'individual residents, the roads and postal district ( N12, etc- not the
postcode) in which the relevant individuals reside ( but not their
2.3 Please provide contact details for the officers/ Re staff responsible for seeing to the establishment of the NFPB.
On 29 March the requestor asked for an internal review
Your request for review
I request that the responses are reviewed as regards questions 2.1 and 2.2
For 2.1 the information requested is purely numerical ("how many") and cannot sensibly be categorised as personal;
for 2.2 , the information requested relates to the identity of organisations ( and so is not "personal data") or to the streets in which unidentified individuals reside - and,taken alone the name of a street will not identify an individual.
I have undertaken the internal review and the outcome of my review is set out below.
You have requested an internal review of the Council's response in relation to your request. I have undertaken the internal review and the outcome of my review is set out below/ attached.
Your complaint is upheld
The Council's website explains that recruitment to the North Finchley Partnership Board will commence in April 2019. This is later than originally intended due to the size and complexity of the proposed redevelopment.
I have discussed with the service, and they have informed me that they never proceeded to a formal application process so there is no further data to provide at the moment.
Therefore the exemption for personal data was misapplied and is not engaged.
I have revised the decision accordingly, see IR FOI 7042197 for the establishment of the North Finchley Partnership Board
Outcome / Documents
- FOI 7042197 for the establishment of the North Finchley Partnership Board Response - application/pdf - Download
- IR FOI 7042197 for the establishment of the North Finchley Partnership Board Response (1) - application/pdf - Download
- Response (information exempt) - application/pdf - Download
- Update on the revitalisation of North Finchley Town Centre - application/pdf - Download