Income maximisation activities
Received: 15 March 2021
I wish to make the below Freedom of Information Request.
1. Does the local authority have employees engaged in income maximisation activities i.e. focussing on identifying additional benefit entitlements that will increase a citizen's household income or improve their financial resilience?
2. If yes, are these activities carried out by dedicated income maximisation resources, or are these activities combined with additional duties e.g Debt Advice, homelessness support?
3. Which department within the local authority is responsible for the administration of income maximisation activities?
4. What is the estimated level full time employee resource engaged specifically in income maximisation activities?
5. Does the local authority conduct any take-up campaigns aimed at increasing benefit maximisation, i.e. Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payment or Pension Credit campaigns?
6. Does the local authority use any third party data sets to proactively identify and support citizens who may be eligible for additional benefit entitlements or other financial support, for example Income Max or Policy in Practice?
7. Does the local authority complete and submit claims on behalf of citizens or does it signpost the citizen to the organisation administering the support e.g other local authority department / DWP etc?
8. If the authority does not provide a dedicated income maximisation service, does it have arrangements in place with third parties such as Citizens Advice Bureau or other Third Sector or Voluntary and Community Sector organisations to support citizens with maximising their income?
9. If the local authority does not currently have a dedicated income maximisation team, does it have plans to develop one in the next 12-24 months?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download