Social care case management, joint funding agreements and deferred CHC Assessment Information
Received: 22 March 2021
1. Does your local authority use social care case management system(s)? If so, please list the name of the supplier(s).
2. What is the contract start date for your Social care management supplier? (dd/mm/yy)
3. What is the contract end date for your Social care management supplier? (dd/mm/yy)
4. What was the annual cost of your social care management supplier(s) for the financial year 19/20 (April 2019 - March 2020)?
5. Does your organisation use any other third-party systems or service providers to support your organisation with social care management or care assessments? If yes, please fill out the below for all third-party systems used-
Joint Funded Agreements
6. Does the social care team at the local authority have an agreement in place for funding joint packages of care including Section 117 Aftercare?
7. If Yes, please state which agreement below is in place for funding joint packages of care including Section 117 aftercare, as seen below-
A) A 50:50 share of costs for all cases
B) A different share of costs e.g., 40:60, 30:70 (please state the share used)
C) A share of costs calculated on a case-by-case level using an algorithm
D) Other (please state)
8. How many people were covered by joint funded packages of care as of 1st March 2021?
9. What was the annual cost to the local authority for joint funded packages of care for the financial year 19/20 (April 2019-March 2020)?
Deferred CHC Assessments
Due to the suspension of the continuing healthcare (CHC) processes in March 2020, CCGs and LAs had a backlog of deferred assessments for people who would have normally been assessed for CHC.
10. How many deferred Care Act Assessments for CHC cases did the local authority have in its backlog as of the 1st September 2020?
11. How many deferred Care Act Assessments for CHC cases did the local authority have left to complete on the 1st March 2021?