Matrix Harm Score in our borough
Received: 8 April 2021
am making this request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. It is my understanding that your
borough has access to a database of residents of your borough whose names are listed on the Metropolitan
Police (MPS)'s 'Gangs Matrix'. I understand that that database indicates a 'harm score' (or 'Matrix harm
score') for each person listed. This database may be held by the MPS, but your borough, I understand, has
access to it, or copies of that data in your possession. I request to please be provided with data,
appropriately anonymised, to answer the following questions:
- Until the completion of the city-wide review carried out in Summer 2019 (Recommendation 2
here), how many names were listed on that database as attached to your borough (the column title
may be given as 'BOCU' or Borough Operational Command Unit, or 'BCU')?
- Of those names attached to your borough until the completion of the Summer 2019 review, how
- had a Matrix Harm Score of 0?
- had always had a Matrix Harm Score of 0?
- had a Matrix Harm Score of less than 3.0?
- How many names are currently listed on that database as attached to your borough?
- Of those names currently attached to your borough, how many:
- have a Matrix Harm Score of 0?
- have always had a Matrix Harm Score of 0?
- have a Matrix Harm Score of less than 3.0?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download