School breakfast i
Received: 17 November 2021
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to you from the charity Magic Breakfast, to request information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000). Magic Breakfast delivers healthy breakfast food and provides expert advice to schools in England and Scotland to support children at risk of hunger with fuel for learning.
We are writing to request information regarding school breakfast provision in schools within your council area. This information will provide us with an understanding of how breakfast is delivered nationally in schools and how we can best support children at risk of hunger. We will use this information to inform our programme and policy work.
If you would like to hear more about our work or collaborate in any way, we would be happy to arrange a meeting with the appropriate team.
I would be very grateful if you could answer the following questions:
* Do you fund school breakfast provision in your council area?
* If so, please could you name the schools you provide funding to?
* If yes, what does this funding cover? (e.g., one-off payment for set-up, ongoing staff costs, food and delivery, yearly payment to school to spend at the school's discretion).
* If yes, do you partner with any other external organisations (e.g., charities, catering companies) to deliver this? If so, whom do you work with?
* Do you have an eligibility criterion for which schools you support and if so, what is this eligibility criterion?
* Is breakfast provided free of charge to all pupils, or is there a cost?
* If any cost, what eligibility criteria do you use to determine which children are eligible for free school breakfasts?
I understand there is a capacity in the amount of information you can provide in one FOI, due to cost limits. If it is still feasible and does not go over the allocated time/cost, could you also please tell me:
* What does your council's school breakfast model look like? If you could specify, I would like you to tell me here how breakfasts are provided (e.g., grab-and-go; in the classroom; in the canteen before school starts; home packages); during what times breakfasts are provided; and what foods are available at the breakfast clubs?
Thank you so much for your time and help. If you have any questions about my request, please respond to this email.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download