Received: 3 May 2022
I am a local authority building control surveyor who is doing a dissertation on the use of building notices in building control and whether they are being used appropriately and are they an effective means of ensuring compliance.
Would it be possible to obtain the following information under a freedom of information request?
* Of the total full plans and building notice applications made directly to your authority each year that can be building notice applications, what percentage of these applications were building notice in the last 5 calendar years (data provided for each year separately).
* Of these building notices please can a breakdown of the type of works covered by the application be provided ideally with percentages. Please can it be split into the following categories or other similar grouping (data provided by for each year separately):
* Internal Alterations
* Loft Conversions and Extensions
* Single Dwelling
* Multiple Dwelling
* Other Minor Works (ie. New heating, thermal upgrades, replacement windows/doors)
I am happy to accept the information in percentages or information provided such that percentages can be obtained.
If there are any issues or you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download